The Herne Hill Velodrome Track league starts next Wednesday (21st April), and every Wednesday until 18th August. Come to as many as you can and score points in each race every night towards your overall league ranking.
This year, we’ve made a few changes to encourage more newcommers to try the Track League, and to make the racing even better for more experienced riders:
– Flexible Catagories, choose on the night weather you ride with the faster A catagory, or with the more manageable B catagory. If you’ve had a hard day at work, sit in the the B’s, if you feel fresh and fancy pushing yourself, mix it with the A’s.
– More Varied Races, different races each week. All the old favorites (scratch, points, devils, and some more unusual races (handicap sprint, team pursuit, 3 lap dash and more).
– Practice new events, those less common races will be introduced and practiced the week before on our Sunday, and Monday night Race Training sessions.
– Guest Passes Available, not sure if you’ll enjoy Track League? Try one night’s racing without having to pay the £5 registration fee (to cover race numbers, league tables etc).
– Racing License Not Required, as this is a track league you can still race even if you only have British Cycling Silver membership.
Youths £3 per night
Juniors £5 per night
Seniors £8 per night
Season-long registration £5 (free guest passes available).
As well as the usual open meetings at Herne Hill Velodrome this year, there will be regular open meetings on the first Saturday of every month throughout the season (1st May, 5th Jun, 3rd Jul, 7th Aug, 4th Sep and 2nd Oct)
Each event will be run by a local club who will each put their own stamp on the event. Some may add sprint events, some may add madisons, each event will have its own personality.
Entry fee is the cheapest of all the open meetings this year:
Despite this, each event has a guaranteed £500 in prize money, with prizes being given for every race.
These events promise to have a great mix of racing entertainment so please come on down and take part, or if you really cant race, come along and watch!